Quantcast
Northeast Footlocker - Page 2 - TrackTalk
TrackTalk

Go Back   TrackTalk > NXN/FL > Foot Locker Finals
Register Advertising Members List Search Today's Posts

Old 11-20-2010, 12:30 AM
Ballin' on a Budget

ghamalian Journey Manghamalian Journey Manghamalian Journey Manghamalian Journey Manghamalian Journey Manghamalian Journey Manghamalian Journey Man
Send a message via Skype™ to ghamalian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pre2010 View Post
Well known for the great hill Cardiac Hill and lesser known Snake hill, Sunken Meadow's 5k Course is definitely among the toughest in the nation. A fast flat first 1200 always causes runners to go out blazing, and then when they start heading up Snake Hill they go in the hurt.
Snake is a very steep but somwhat short hill. After that the picnic area and then starting at sea level there is a half mile climb jsut to the base of Cardiac Hill, which then extends about 200 meters of rather steep, faulty footing terrain. Sunken meadow is also plagued by long sand traps in certain parts and at times hard winds due to its seaside location.
Also, when the times are examined, a course record set by Olympian John Gregorek is only in the 15:30's. Of more recent note, Charlie Milleon managed a PR of 16:12 before going off and getting 4th at Footlocker to others running sub 15's on their home courses.
Sunken Meadow - a tough slow course.
+Rep for mentioning this. His son is running at Columbia now. Last year, the younger Johnny ran a 15:51 at Northfield (an extremely tough course in MA). 2nd fastest time ever run there, only 2nd to Alberto Salazar who ran 15:50. Looks like the apple doesn't fall far from the tree
Old 11-20-2010, 10:18 AM
Dyestat Refugee

Kalaby The Force is Strong with This OneKalaby The Force is Strong with This OneKalaby The Force is Strong with This OneKalaby The Force is Strong with This OneKalaby The Force is Strong with This OneKalaby The Force is Strong with This OneKalaby The Force is Strong with This OneKalaby The Force is Strong with This OneKalaby The Force is Strong with This OneKalaby The Force is Strong with This OneKalaby The Force is Strong with This One

Quote:
Originally Posted by pre2010 View Post
I've never run @ SM...why is it slower than WF? Please explain, thxs.
What's WF?

With all variables, caveats, etc. stated, SM is about 5 seconds "slower" than Bowdoin for elite boys on average. Both are tough and excellent courses. You're the real deal if you can break 16 for either course.
Old 11-24-2010, 12:39 PM

escalator Sageescalator Sageescalator Sageescalator Sageescalator Sageescalator Sageescalator Sageescalator Sageescalator Sageescalator Sageescalator Sage
Default Entries as of today

http://www.eliteracingsystems.com/fo...mpetitors.html
Old 11-24-2010, 04:25 PM

massXCrunner11 Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghamalian View Post
+Rep for mentioning this. His son is running at Columbia now. Last year, the younger Johnny ran a 15:51 at Northfield (an extremely tough course in MA). 2nd fastest time ever run there, only 2nd to Alberto Salazar who ran 15:50. Looks like the apple doesn't fall far from the tree
I believe Ryan Collins of Mansfield, (now at UVA) has the course record at Northfield running 15:49.
Old 11-24-2010, 04:39 PM

SEAURCHIN4 On a Sure Fire PathSEAURCHIN4 On a Sure Fire Path

I don't see Alex Saavedra's name listed among the entrant's. I'm very sure he's running. Is there a deadline date for registering?
Old 11-24-2010, 04:44 PM

Contiferous Heading Big placesContiferous Heading Big placesContiferous Heading Big placesContiferous Heading Big places

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEAURCHIN4 View Post
I don't see Alex Saavedra's name listed among the entrant's. I'm very sure he's running. Is there a deadline date for registering?
he's on there