Quantcast
25th NE Interscholastic Indoor Track Meet - TrackTalk
TrackTalk

Go Back   TrackTalk > Northeast > New England
Register Advertising Members List Search Today's Posts
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-26-2012, 05:10 PM
300kicks's Avatar
300kicks 300kicks is online now
Legends
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 3,297
300kicks OVER 9000!!!300kicks OVER 9000!!!300kicks OVER 9000!!!300kicks OVER 9000!!!300kicks OVER 9000!!!300kicks OVER 9000!!!300kicks OVER 9000!!!300kicks OVER 9000!!!300kicks OVER 9000!!!300kicks OVER 9000!!!300kicks OVER 9000!!!
Default
25th NE Interscholastic Indoor Track Meet

http://lancertiming.com/

Friday March 2, 2012 @RLC
Who's going? In What??
__________________
Choices:
You can feel uncomfortable in the 800m for 1:58
and feel GREAT the rest of the week
OR
You can feel comfortable for 2:10 and feel like
crap the rest of the week
Hmmm 1:58 or 7 days
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-28-2012, 07:43 PM
mcrun33 mcrun33 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,591
mcrun33 Elitemcrun33 Elitemcrun33 Elitemcrun33 Elitemcrun33 Elitemcrun33 Elitemcrun33 Elitemcrun33 Elitemcrun33 Elite
Default

I dont mean to sound like a complainer, but why does Mass., arguably the deepest state in NE, cut off at 8th place in terms of who gets to race. In the case of the girls 4x800, a very deep race, we were 9th. Now, I get it, we should have run faster, but 9:41 is OK in my opinion (we'd be the #8 seed in the race Friday). And since 3 teams ahead of us scratched, only 5 Mass. teams are represented in the race.

Is this something that can be revisited for next year?
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-28-2012, 08:12 PM
300kicks's Avatar
300kicks 300kicks is online now
Legends
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 3,297
300kicks OVER 9000!!!300kicks OVER 9000!!!300kicks OVER 9000!!!300kicks OVER 9000!!!300kicks OVER 9000!!!300kicks OVER 9000!!!300kicks OVER 9000!!!300kicks OVER 9000!!!300kicks OVER 9000!!!300kicks OVER 9000!!!300kicks OVER 9000!!!
Default

I believe the rational for stopping at 8th is the dash/hurdles final
is limited to 8 and the selection of the 9th placer from trial heats
was not acceptable?? Though, with the timing today, the seperation
to the .001 makes that moot.
__________________
Choices:
You can feel uncomfortable in the 800m for 1:58
and feel GREAT the rest of the week
OR
You can feel comfortable for 2:10 and feel like
crap the rest of the week
Hmmm 1:58 or 7 days
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-28-2012, 09:50 PM
Nightranger Nightranger is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 395
Nightranger Heading Big placesNightranger Heading Big placesNightranger Heading Big placesNightranger Heading Big places
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcrun33 View Post
I dont mean to sound like a complainer, but why does Mass., arguably the deepest state in NE, cut off at 8th place in terms of who gets to race. In the case of the girls 4x800, a very deep race, we were 9th. Now, I get it, we should have run faster, but 9:41 is OK in my opinion (we'd be the #8 seed in the race Friday). And since 3 teams ahead of us scratched, only 5 Mass. teams are represented in the race.

Is this something that can be revisited for next year?
QFE

Definitely something worth discussing with the MIAA
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-28-2012, 10:25 PM
Nightranger Nightranger is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 395
Nightranger Heading Big placesNightranger Heading Big placesNightranger Heading Big placesNightranger Heading Big places
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightranger View Post
QFE

Definitely something worth discussing with the MIAA
In related news, I'm moving my girls and the school itself to Vermont.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-29-2012, 09:20 AM
MA2010 MA2010 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 743
MA2010 Journey ManMA2010 Journey ManMA2010 Journey ManMA2010 Journey ManMA2010 Journey ManMA2010 Journey Man
Default Some Great Races on the Boy's Side Friday!

Donavan (CM) and James (RI) in the 300
Rolim (Somerville) & Nichols (ME) in the 600
Vercollone (Pembroke) & Wynne (CT) in the 1000
Gallagher (Pembroke) & Shurtleff (CT) in the Mile
Marsella (RI) and McClintock (ME) in the 2 Mile - no disrespect to the MA guys in this one, but I hope those two "hammer" one out!

With Nationals next week - NE's have lost some "drawing" power, but still nice to see some of MA's finest toe the line!

Good luck to all - I think that MA will rock the rest of NE in the 300,600, 100 & the Mile and Sisay will step up and get us third in the 2 Mile.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-29-2012, 10:04 AM
Zitans Zitans is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 391
Zitans Heading Big placesZitans Heading Big placesZitans Heading Big placesZitans Heading Big placesZitans Heading Big places
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MA2010 View Post
Donavan (CM) and James (RI) in the 300
Rolim (Somerville) & Nichols (ME) in the 600
Vercollone (Pembroke) & Wynne (CT) in the 1000
Gallagher (Pembroke) & Shurtleff (CT) in the Mile
Marsella (RI) and McClintock (ME) in the 2 Mile - no disrespect to the MA guys in this one, but I hope those two "hammer" one out!

With Nationals next week - NE's have lost some "drawing" power, but still nice to see some of MA's finest toe the line!

Good luck to all - I think that MA will rock the rest of NE in the 300,600, 100 & the Mile and Sisay will step up and get us third in the 2 Mile.

Little bit of miscommunication. Wesley and Joe will not be competing at New Englands.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 02-29-2012, 10:11 AM
oldmiler oldmiler is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 204
oldmiler Newbie
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcrun33 View Post
I dont mean to sound like a complainer, but why does Mass., arguably the deepest state in NE, cut off at 8th place in terms of who gets to race. In the case of the girls 4x800, a very deep race, we were 9th. Now, I get it, we should have run faster, but 9:41 is OK in my opinion (we'd be the #8 seed in the race Friday). And since 3 teams ahead of us scratched, only 5 Mass. teams are represented in the race.

Is this something that can be revisited for next year?



blame WHanson +/or those in charge -

WH declared and must've scratched this week. Theoretically officials could call #7-8-9 to fill that 6th position
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 02-29-2012, 10:12 AM
trackmanpete trackmanpete is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 595
trackmanpete Elitetrackmanpete Elitetrackmanpete Elitetrackmanpete Elitetrackmanpete Elitetrackmanpete Elitetrackmanpete Elitetrackmanpete Elite
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcrun33 View Post
I dont mean to sound like a complainer, but why does Mass., arguably the deepest state in NE, cut off at 8th place in terms of who gets to race. In the case of the girls 4x800, a very deep race, we were 9th. Now, I get it, we should have run faster, but 9:41 is OK in my opinion (we'd be the #8 seed in the race Friday). And since 3 teams ahead of us scratched, only 5 Mass. teams are represented in the race.

Is this something that can be revisited for next year?
There are two problems with going beyond 8 in my opinion. One is that MA has a distinct advantage in that they run their qualifier on a banked track. I believe the other states all run on a 200m flat floor, so many of the marks look good for MA, but may not be so competitive if they were contested on a flat floor. Two, I think that if an athlete can't make the final in their state meet (top 8 scorers), they don't deserve to run in a meet that is supposed to bring together the elite from New England. You already have some pretty low performances from other states, so if you open the door to MA going beyond 8, then the same would need to be done for the other states. There are already over 30 per event, I see no reason to go beyond that.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 02-29-2012, 10:15 AM
mcrun33 mcrun33 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,591
mcrun33 Elitemcrun33 Elitemcrun33 Elitemcrun33 Elitemcrun33 Elitemcrun33 Elitemcrun33 Elitemcrun33 Elitemcrun33 Elite
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackmanpete View Post
There are two problems with going beyond 8 in my opinion. One is that MA has a distinct advantage in that they run their qualifier on a banked track. I believe the other states all run on a 200m flat floor, so many of the marks look good for MA, but may not be so competitive if they were contested on a flat floor. Two, I think that if an athlete can't make the final in their state meet (top 8 scorers), they don't deserve to run in a meet that is supposed to bring together the elite from New England. You already have some pretty low performances from other states, so if you open the door to MA going beyond 8, then the same would need to be done for the other states. There are already over 30 per event, I see no reason to go beyond that.
I disagree with this, but you have a right to your opinion.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:28 PM.